Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All opinions remain my own. You can learn more about our editorial policies here.
Are you looking to try the keto diet, but don’t know where to start? This free sample keto diet menu will give you a good idea of what the keto diet is like and how to follow it.
What Is the Keto Diet
The keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet that can help you lose weight and improve your health. On the keto diet, you should aim to eat fewer than 50 grams of carbs per day, and your body will start burning fat for energy instead of glucose.
How to Follow the Keto Diet
To follow the keto diet, you’ll need to make sure you’re eating a variety of healthy foods like meat, fish, eggs, vegetables, and nuts. You’ll also need to avoid foods high in carbs like bread, pasta, and sugar.
How to Know if the Keto Diet is Right for Me?
If you’re interested in trying the keto diet, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First, it’s important to consult with your doctor before making any major changes to your diet.
Second, not everyone responds well to the keto diet and some people may experience side effects like headaches, constipation, and nausea.
If you do decide to try the keto diet, it’s important to start slowly and make sure you’re eating plenty of healthy foods. You may also want to consider using a keto supplement like Perfect Keto to help you get into ketosis.
Now that you know a little more about the keto diet, here is a free sample keto diet menu to help you get started.
Free Sample Keto Diet Menu
The following free sample keto diet menu provides less than 50 grams of total carbs per day.
As mentioned above, some people may have to reduce carbohydrates even further in order to reach ketosis.
This is a general one-week ketogenic menu that can be altered depending on individual dietary needs. At the end of the article is a link to a printable version of this free sample keto diet menu.
• Breakfast: Two eggs fried in pastured butter served with sauteed greens.
• Lunch: A bunless grass-fed burger topped with cheese, mushrooms and avocado atop a bed of greens.
• Dinner: Pork chops with green beans sauteed in coconut oil.
• Breakfast: Mushroom omelet.
• Lunch: Tuna salad with celery and tomato atop a bed of greens.
• Dinner: Roast chicken with cream sauce and sauteed broccoli.
• Breakfast: Bell pepper stuffed with cheese and eggs.
• Lunch: Arugula salad with hard-boiled eggs, turkey, avocado and blue cheese.
• Dinner: Grilled salmon with spinach sauteed in coconut oil.
• Breakfast: Full-fat yogurt topped with Keto granola.
• Lunch: Steak bowl with cauliflower rice, cheese, herbs, avocado and salsa.
• Dinner: Bison steak with cheesy broccoli.
• Breakfast: Baked avocado egg boats.
• Lunch: Caesar salad with chicken.
• Dinner: Pork chops with vegetables.
• Breakfast: Cauliflower toast topped with cheese and avocado.
• Lunch: Bunless salmon burgers topped with pesto.
• Dinner: Meatballs served with zucchini noodles and parmesan cheese.
• Breakfast: Coconut milk chia pudding topped with coconut and walnuts.
• Lunch: Cobb salad made with greens, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, cheese and turkey.
• Dinner: Coconut chicken curry.
As you can see, ketogenic meals can be diverse and flavorful.
Although many ketogenic meals are based around animal products, there is a wide variety of vegetarian options to choose from as well.
See if additional Omega 3 is right for you, Benefits of Fish Oil in Your Nutrition Plan
If you’re following a more liberal ketogenic diet, adding a cup of berries to your breakfast or a small serving of a starchy vegetable to your dinner will increase the number of carbs in this meal plan.
Should I Exercise While Doing this Free Keto Diet Menu?
Some people like to exercise while on the keto diet, others do not. It is ultimately up to the individual to decide what is best for them.
If you choose to exercise, it’s important to listen to your body and make sure you’re not pushing yourself too hard. Remember that you may need to reduce the amount of carbs you eat if you’re feeling tired or lethargic. To start try light walking or if you are looking to really step up your fitness routine, see our Ultimate 3 Day A Week Full-body Workout Routine
If you’re not interested in exercising, that’s perfectly fine as well. Just be sure to get plenty of rest and relax during your first week on Keto and you can add fitness in after you adjust to the new diet!
Now that you have a general idea of what the keto diet is and how it works, why not give it a try? Download this free printable sample keto diet menu to get started.
Remember to start slowly and make sure you’re eating plenty of healthy foods. You may also want to consider using a keto supplement like Perfect Keto to help you get into ketosis.
Good luck on your keto journey!